I’ve used ground turkey breast recently to replace beef in chilli burgers. And, I have to say, it hasn’t been as bad as I thought it would be. It hasn’t been bad at all. The homemade turkey burger I made the other day for lunch was quite tasty once I got used to it.
Unlike my lying liar of a waiter from seven years ago, I will never try to convince anyone that a turkey burger tastes just like a regular burger. The homemade turkey burger I made the other day tasted like a differently textured turkey breast, and it was good.
Homemade Turkey Burger
Homemade turkey burger is just way better than readily made turkey patties you can buy from the store. Here's a quick recipe you can try at home.
- 1 pound ground turkey raw and lean turkey breast
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ tablespoon dried basil
- 1 ½ tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 medium burger buns
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoon Ketchup
- 1 medium tomato sliced
- 1 small head lettuce
- Preheat the skillet and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine the ground turkey breast, chopped onion, eggs, basil, and hot sauce in a medium-sized bowl. Mix and combine well. Form the turkey mixture into four patties.
- Place the turkey patties into the heated skillet and cook them for 5 to 6 minutes on each side, or until they are no longer pink in the centre. Once they’re cooked, set them aside and keep them warm.
- Toast the buns before serving with the patties and choice of veggies.
Calories: 354kcalCarbohydrates: 35gProtein: 34gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0.03gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 548mgPotassium: 727mgFiber: 5gSugar: 10gVitamin A: 791IUVitamin C: 13mgCalcium: 163mgIron: 5mg
Did you give this recipe a whirl?We’re all ears to hear about your results!