I’ve used ground turkey breast recently to replace beef in chilli burgers. And, I have to say, it hasn’t been as bad as I thought it would be. It hasn’t been bad at all. The homemade turkey burger I made the other day for lunch was quite tasty once I got used to it.
Unlike my lying liar of a waiter from seven years ago, I will never try to convince anyone that a turkey burger tastes just like a regular burger. The homemade turkey burger I made the other day tasted like a differently textured turkey breast, and it was good.
- 1 pound of raw ground lean turkey breast
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 tablespoon of dried basil
- 1-1/2 tablespoon of hot pepper sauce
- 4 burger buns
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Sliced tomatoes
- Preheat the skillet and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine the ground turkey breast, chopped onion, eggs, basil, and hot sauce in a medium-sized bowl. Mix and combine well. Form the turkey mixture into four patties.
- Place the turkey patties into the heated skillet and cook them for 5 to 6 minutes on each side, or until they are no longer pink in the centre. Once they’re cooked, set them aside and keep them warm.
- Toast the buns before serving with the patties and choice of veggies.