Whenever I know I will have people over, I always try to rack my brain for easy yet impressive meals. Every time the answer is too simple, it’s almost criminal – mini versions of my favorite recipes. I opted for easy turkey burger sliders.
Seriously, it never ceases to amaze me how many people ooh and awe over sliders or mini versions of their favorite appetizers. Try it once, and you will probably never return to serving full-size food at your parties again. And the biggest plus is that people usually eat less because there’s more time required to get up and get an additional appetizer versus sitting down and overeating on its total-size cousin. It’s a win-win for any hostess!
Easy Turkey Burger Sliders
- 1 ⅕ pound ground turkey
- ⅓ cup feta cheese crumbles
- 2 teaspoon fresh basil leaves chopped
- ¼ cup red onion diced
- ¼ cup spinach chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 12 small slider buns
- 1 small avocado for toppings
- 2 medium tomatoes for toppings
- Combine the first 8 ingredients in a large bowl. Gently, using your hands, work together all the components to distribute the ingredients evenly throughout the meat. Shape the meat into 12 patties.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat and coat the pan with nonstick cooking spray. Once the pan is hot, add the patties and cook for 3 minutes per side. While the patties are cooking, toast your slider buns at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 3 minutes if desired.
- Serve turkey burgers with desired toppings; I opted for spinach, avocado, tomato, and ketchup!