This week, I went looking for a tasty, quick to make, and healthy meal for us, and the spinach burger patties recipe won out. I debated between a couple of recipes, and this one won out because I already had all the ingredients in the house. So you probably do too.
Even though this is a ‘burger’, it has so much flavour, and if you like spinach, you will love this recipe. It only took me about 10 to 15 minutes to have it on the table from start to finish.
Spinach Burger Patties
- 1 bag spinach thawed and well-drained chopped
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup onion diced
- ½ cup cheese shredded
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspooon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Mix all ingredients except for the breadcrumbs and combine well.
- Form into patties and then cover each patty with breadcrumbs.
- Preheat a pan coated with enough oil.
- Fry each patty until a bit browned on each side.