This week, I went looking for a tasty, quick to make, and healthy meal for us, and the spinach burger patties recipe won out. I debated between a couple of recipes, and this one won out because I already had all the ingredients in the house. So you probably do too.
Even though this is a ‘burger’, it has so much flavour, and if you like spinach, you will love this recipe. It only took me about 10 to 15 minutes to have it on the table from start to finish.
- 1 bag of thawed and well-drained chopped spinach
- 2 egg whites
- 1 whole egg
- 1/4 cup of diced onion
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup of bread crumbs
- 1 teaspooon of red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Mix all ingredients except for the breadcrumbs and combine well.
- Form into patties and then cover each patty with breadcrumbs.
- Preheat a pan coated with enough oil.
- Fry each patty until a bit browned on each side.