So, I don’t plan to write about it here, but I’m trying to re-think my life in terms of health and fitness to kick my wobbly bits to the curb for good. This Turkey Burger With Olive Tapenade makes dinner with my husband challenging as I can’t count the number of times his sole reply to a recipe has been “But there’s no meat in that!”.
I found this excellent burger recipe that’s good for me and keeps my husband quiet (apart from the raving about his burger’s quality, I couldn’t shut that up).
Delicious Turkey Burger With Olive Tapenade
This delicious turkey burger with olive tapenade is a unique way to enjoy your favourite burgers. The olive tapenade takes it up a notch!
- 500 grams ground turkey
- 1 small egg white
- ⅓ cup parsley
- 3 sprigs basil leaves
Olive Tapenade Ingredients
- ½ cup kalamata olives
- ½ cup green olives
- 1 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 handful lettuce
- 1 handful spinach chopped
- 1 handful tomato
- 1 can sun-dried tomatoes minced
- Mix the patty mince thoroughly, form into a patty, and grill until cooked through. Once cooked, remove and place on bun or bun alternative with the burger toppers.
- Finely chop or mince pitted olives and garlic for tapenade. Add oil and lemon juice. Mix together thoroughly and serve.
Calories: 157kcalCarbohydrates: 3gProtein: 21gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0.01gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 403mgPotassium: 339mgFiber: 2gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 920IUVitamin C: 16mgCalcium: 32mgIron: 1mg
Have you tried this recipe?Let us know what you think!