You know that dark burger sauces served in most pubs? Well, this is better than those! I love those burger dressings, and I tried hard to recreate them with this beer burger sauce. I hope you’ll love this homemade sauce just as much as I do!
Beer Burger Sauce
- 1 cup beer
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 ½ tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sea salt freshly ground
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pinch serrano smoked chilli powder
- Place the beer in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and cook the beer until it has reduced to half the liquid, whisking often. This process will take about 20 minutes.
- Whisk the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, honey, sea salt, pepper, and serrano smoked chilli powder in a medium bowl.
- Once the beer has been reduced to half, add the ketchup mixture to the reduced beer and let simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring often. You want the sauce to almost get to the texture of ketchup or store-bought barbecue sauce.
- Use the sauce immediately or place it in a covered container in the refrigerator for a few days. This burger is better than most pubs!