I love making these easy lamb burgers as they are packed with cheesy goodness. The combination of lamb and goat cheese is heavenly. It’s something that I didn’t think of until I got to taste these lamb burgers.
Oozing Lamb and Goat Cheese Burgers
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 4 small hamburger buns whole-wheat
- Combine the meat, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and oregano in a large bowl. Mix with your hands to combine but do not over mix. Form into two patties.
- Place on a pre-heated grill pan or outdoor grill and cook for 5 minutes on the first side; flip and cook an additional 3 to 5 minutes on the other side (depending on how you like your burger).
- While the burgers are cooking, cook the mushrooms in a saute pan over medium heat with olive oil. After they cook for 5 minutes, add salt, pepper to taste and the red wine. Cook the mushrooms until all of the wine is absorbed into them and lightly browned.
- Top the burgers with goat cheese, mushrooms and other toppings.