- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup of finely chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded seeded summer squash or zucchini, or a mixture of both
- 1/2 cup of grated hard cheese, i.e., Pecorino Romano or Soy Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. After shredding squash, place on paper towels or a kitchen towel, cover with another towel and squeeze to soak up the liquid. (The squash should be dehydrated, or the patties will fall apart.)
- Beat egg in a large bowl and add shallots, parsley, salt and pepper. Add the squash and cheese and mix to combine all ingredients well.
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium heat. Measure 1/3 cup of the mixture and form a patty. Repeat. The recipe should make about four cakes.
- Cook patties in skillet until browned and crispy on the bottom. Turn to cook another side. When browned on both sides, transfer patties to a metal baking dish. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes. Garnish with a little chopped parsley and serve.
Did You Make This Recipe?
How you went with my recipes? Tag us on Instagram at @burgerrecipesinfo