Parmesan Squash Patties
If you are sticking to a healthy diet but still craving for the grease of meat patties, you can try these parmesan squash patties. Here's a simple recipe you can try.
- 1 large egg
- ⅔ cup shallots finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups summer squash or zucchini, shredded seeded, or a mixture of both
- ½ cup cheese grated, or any hard cheese i.e., Pecorino Romano or Soy Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F. After shredding squash, place on paper towels or a kitchen towel, cover with another towel and squeeze to soak up the liquid. (The squash should be dehydrated, or the patties will fall apart.)
- Beat egg in a large bowl and add shallots, parsley, salt and pepper. Add the squash and cheese and mix to combine all ingredients well.
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium heat. Measure 1/3 cup of the mixture and form a patty. Repeat. The recipe should make about four cakes.
- Cook patties in skillet until browned and crispy on the bottom. Turn to cook another side. When browned on both sides, transfer patties to a metal baking dish. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes. Garnish with a little chopped parsley and serve.
Calories: 145kcalCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 7gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0.01gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 263mgPotassium: 321mgFiber: 2gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 493IUVitamin C: 15mgCalcium: 133mgIron: 1mg
Did you give this recipe a whirl?We’re all ears to hear about your results!