If you’re a fan of hearty and comforting soups, then you’re in for a treat with this recipe for Mexican Hamburger Soup. Made with tender ground beef, flavorful spices, and a variety of veggies, this soup is a perfect blend of Mexican and American cuisine.
The beauty of this Mexican Hamburger Soup recipe is that it’s so easy to make and can be ready in under 30 minutes. It’s a one-pot meal that’s perfect for busy weeknights or lazy weekends when you want something filling and satisfying.
To kick off this flavorful Mexican Hamburger Soup, gather up some essential ingredients such as ground beef, onion, garlic, beef broth, and diced tomatoes. Don’t forget to include a mix of classic Mexican spices such as chili powder, cumin, and paprika for a burst of savory flavor. For added texture and color, throw in some colorful vegetables like diced carrots, bell peppers, and sweet corn.
After prepping all the ingredients, heat a large pot over medium heat and brown the ground beef. Add in the veggies, spices, diced tomatoes, and beef broth. Allow the mixture to simmer until the vegetables are tender and the flavors have fully infused.
Top your Mexican Hamburger Soup off with some shredded cheese, sour cream, and cilantro, and you’ve got yourself a delicious and satisfying meal that’s perfect for any time of year. So grab a bowl and dig in!
Mouthwatering Mexican Hamburger Soup for a Cozy Dinner
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn drained
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 pinch salt to taste
- 1 pinch ground black pepper to taste
- Brown the ground beef over medium heat in a large pot, and remove any excess fat by draining it.
- Saute chopped onion and minced garlic in the pot for 2-3 minutes until they are soft.
- The following ingredients should be added to the pot: chopped tomatoes, kidney beans, corn, tomato sauce, beef broth, chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper. Combined by stirring.
- Once the soup comes to a boil, turn the heat down, cover, and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the flavors merge and the veggies are fork-tender.
- Serve the soup hot, topped with shredded cheese, diced avocado, sour cream, and chopped cilantro, as desired.