Here’s something I made from scratch – Yummy Meatless Burger! The patties are good on their own, so just eat them alone anyway if you have no bread. This is a healthy alternative to unhealthy burgers that you’d want to avoid if you are on a diet.
Yummy Meatless Burger
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup dried lentils
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced canned tomatoes
- 2 cups beans
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup cheddar shredded
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 large eggs beaten
- Boil lentils in water for about 15 to 20 minutes until tender. Drain and mash.
- Add all the ingredients (tomatoes, beans, lentils, corn, cheese, spices, egg, breadcrumbs except olive oil) in a large mixing bowl and mix till thoroughly combined. Best to use hands and feel free to squish everything.
- Divide the mixture into 6 patties.
- Fry the patties in olive oil over medium-high heat. Try not to crowd the pan. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes on each side until brown.
- Serve on its own or in a burger bun!