Today, I feel like I want fast food. As we all know, fast food is awful for health. They contain a lot of salt, and most of them are deep-fried. So then, I think about a healthy option, and again I end up making it myself. Since I could find only salmon in the supermarket nearby my house, I decided to make a salmon burger.
This salmon burger is pretty easy, quick and fun to make. This recipe is not original. I adjusted the recipe as I like but still kidney-friendly. It is full of clean protein, little veggies, and carbs to give you enough energy to run your days.
Quick and Delicious Salmon Burger
- 1 large salmon filet, centre-cut, pin bones and skin are removed
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon vegan mayonnaise Optional: regular mayonnaise will do
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 medium tomato sliced
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ cup red leaf lettuce
- ¼ cup radicchio
- Cut salmon into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Cut the rest of the salmon into pieces and put them in a food processor.
- Add mustard, vegan mayonnaise, lime juice, and cayenne, and blend them into a paste.
- Add the pureed salmon into a bowl with diced salmon and mix with salt and black pepper.
- Line a baking sheet and brush with olive oil. Separate the salmon into 4 and using your hands, pat into 4-inch-wide, 3/4-inch-thick patties. Cover patties with cling wrap and refrigerate them for 30 minutes at least.
- Preheat your non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add a little bit of olive oil and cook your salmon until they browned on the bottom about 3 to 4 minutes. Flip and cook until the other side is browned and transfer to a paper towel
- At the same time, arrange the buns, cut-side up on the broiler pan and toasted, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Layer the burger with red leaf lettuce and radicchio. I layer them like a bun, salmon, veggies, tomatoes, and bun.