Sweet potato fries with a veggie burger and various veggie toppings are among my favorite Sunday treats. This lunch will make you happy and is one of those that you will cook again. I don’t use buns or any bread in my recipe, but feel free to add your favorite one if you wish.
I have chosen vegan mayo and organic ketchup for the sauces purchased in my favourite organic shop. To determine health, check the labels before you buy and ensure the product is low in sugar and salt and you understand all ingredients. Many ‘so-called’ healthy alternatives contain unhealthy additives such as high fructose corn syrup, Monosodium Glutamate (MSG), trans fat, and other substances that help the food taste better but are unsuitable for you.
Hearty Veggie Burger With Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 small courgette
- 20 grams sweet corn frozen
- 20 grams peas frozen
- 60 grams almond flour
- 1 medium egg
- ½ medium cucumber
- 1 large beef tomato
- 1 small Mozzarella cheese
- 4 leaves iceberg lettuce
- 3 tablespoons basil
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- ½ medium lime
- 1 tablespoon dill
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 small red chili
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons vegan mayo
- 1 pinch salt
- Start with the sweet potatoes by washing them under cold water, don’t peel them. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Cut each sweet potato in half lengthways, then each half in half lengthways, and then into similar size long strips.
- Mix the sweet potatoes with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt, cayenne pepper, or smoked paprika in a medium bowl. Bake for approximately 30 minutes on the large tray, making sure you turn them occasionally.
- Add the grated courgette, frozen sweetcorn and green peas, 1 egg, almond flour, chopped parsley, salt, chili, cumin, and garam masala in a separate bowl. Mix all ingredients and form medium size burger bowls. If the consistency is too runny, add more flour.
- Thinly slice the cucumber and add it to a small bowl. Mix with chopped dill and lime.
- Arrange sliced tomato, mozzarella cheese, and basil on a small plate.
- Add your sauce, such as ketchup and mayo, onto small serving bowls.
- Add olive oil and shape veggie burgers with a large frying pan over small heat. To cook the burgers inside, use the lid over your frying pan and ensure you fry them on small heat.
- Arrange your sweet potato fries with a veggie burger on the plate and serve with cucumber and tomato and Mozzarella salad.
- My sweet potato fries with veggie burgers are served on iceberg salad. If you prefer the traditional version, use wholemeal organic buns or other favorite bread of your choice.