This is a delicious recipe that I recently learned to cook. This homemade burger with sauteed vegetables is a meal in itself. You’ll be satisfied, and you’ll keep wanting this once you taste it.
All you need is an oven and cookie sheets for the materials in your kitchen. This burger with sauteed vegetables is pretty easy to do, and you can eat it on its own or have a side of your choice like mashed potato, fries, salad, or even rice.
- Burger Patties Ingredients
- 2 pounds of ground beef, grass-fed preferred
- 1 large egg (if not using beef liver)
- 1/2 pound of grass-fed beef liver (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper, each
- 1 tablespoon of hot sauce
- Sauteed Burger Vegetables Ingredients
- 1 8-ounce package mushrooms, halved
- 2 medium white onions, chopped in half and sliced thinly
- 3 medium bell peppers, cored, seeded, and sliced thinly
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil
- Slice all of the burger vegetables. Mix with the olive oil, salt, and toss to cover evenly. Set aside.
- Place the veggies on cookie sheets. Place in the oven, on the middle rack, at 450 degrees for 25 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- As the vegetables cook, start preparing the burger patties. In a large mixing bowl, combine ground meat, egg, and spices. If you choose to use beef liver, omit the egg. Blend your beef liver in a high-powered blender until it is in liquid form. Pour into your beef and spice mix.
- Mix everything together using your hands, and form it into 6 to 8 patties. If using liver, you may need to make them into patty shapes and "plop" them onto the baking sheet. They will solidify during baking.
- Open the oven door and stir your sauteed burger veggies. They should be browning and very soft. If they are dark brown on the edges, remove them. If not, keep them in while the burgers are cooking.
- Place the aluminium-foil covered baking sheet topped with burgers on the top rack of the oven and set a timer for 5 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, take your burgers out, as well as your sauteed vegetables. Flip your burgers carefully, using a spatula, and place back into the oven for 3 to 4 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, take out your burgers and check them. They should be cooked to medium. Use less time for medium-rare and more time for well-done.