Love Gruyere cheese? You need to try these Gruyere and Egg Burgers that you will surely love. It’s a cheeseburger taken to another level with the unique cheese flavour and added texture of the fried egg.
Gourmet Gruyere and Egg Burgers
If you love cheeseburgers so much, these gruyere and egg burgers are a must-try. It's loaded with different ingredients that complement one another so so much.
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest grated
- 2 pounds lean ground beef 90% lean
- 1 tablespoon mustard stone-ground
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 8 slices Gruyere cheese
- 8 mini pretzel buns split
Fried Eggs Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 large eggs
- 1 bunch arugula
- 2 medium tomatoes sliced
- 1 tablespoon mustard optional
- Whisk lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, and mayonnaise together until combined. Let sit in the refrigerator.
- For making burgers, mix the next 6 ingredients together, tossing lightly until thoroughly mixed (make sure not to overmix).
- Form into 8 patties. Cover and grill over medium direct heat for 5 to 7 minutes per side until a thermometer reads 160 degrees. Use cheese to dredge on top; cover and keep grilling for 1 to 2 more minutes until cheese melts. On bun bottoms, place burgers. Keep warm.
- In each of 2 large skillets, melt a tablespoon of butter over medium heat (on stovetop or grill). Break eggs into a saucer or a custard cup, one egg at a time, then slide into pans gently. Lower heat to low right away. To make eggs sunny-side up, cook, cover, till yolks get thickened yet are not hard.
- For making basted eggs, during the cooking process, in the pan, spoon butter over the eggs. For making over-easy, flip eggs carefully for both sides to cook, yet do not cover the pan.
- For serving, spread over bun tops with mayonnaise mixture.
- Place tomatoes, arugula, and extra mustard (optional) onto burgers. Top burgers with fried eggs. Replace bun tops.
Calories: 525kcalCarbohydrates: 8gProtein: 34gFat: 39gSaturated Fat: 14gPolyunsaturated Fat: 10gMonounsaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 118mgSodium: 600mgPotassium: 576mgFiber: 5gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 968IUVitamin C: 7mgCalcium: 407mgIron: 4mg
Did you give this recipe a whirl?We’re all ears to hear about your results!