Treat yourself to these zucchini burgers! It’s time to eat healthy better and enjoy more easy, appealing, and tasty recipes like these zucchini burgers, which are perfect for having a healthy diet. These burgers are so mouth-watering that you won’t realize they are packed with vegetables and low in fat. As you can imagine, they are vegan!
Using only five ingredients and 20 from start to finish. Who is going to buy burgers anymore when you can make better burgers at home? Drain the grated zucchini well so our burger will have the perfect texture. Once you have shaped your burgers, you can fry or roast them in the oven. You can also keep them in the fridge for the next couple of days; having them ready when you get home is so handy.
Ketchup is not a good addition to these zucchini burgers, but a burger without sauce differs. I decided to use some Tzatziki, a delicious Greek sauce made with cucumber and yogurt. You should serve them on pita bread or, as a healthier option, make a salad plate and garnish it with some yogurt sauce.
Hearty Zucchini Burgers Recipe
- 3 medium zucchini 5 cups grated zucchini
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup red onion minced
- ⅓ cup corn flour
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dill finely chopped
- Coarsely grate the zucchini. Transfer to a colander, add 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and squeeze out as much excess moisture as possible; set aside for at least 10′. If you have time, leave it overnight.
- Combine zucchini with onion, corn flour, sun-dried tomatoes, and dill in a large bowl.
- Shape into burgers, around 2 tablespoons for each one—heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the burgers for 3′ on each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate.
- Serve with pitta bread or salad, and add some tzatziki sauce on top. Enjoy!