Who said you cannot prepare your dressing for your burgers at home? So skip the boring mayo and add some flavour to it by mixing other elements in it. And today is your lucky day as I share with you my special sauce dressing when I cook burgers at home.
Homemade Special Sauce Dressing
Special Sauce Dressing Ingredients
- ½ cup mayonnaise homemade
- ½ cup pickles chopped finely
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon ketchup with no high-fructose corn syrup
Homemade Mayo Ingredients
- ¾ cup olive walnut, macadamia nut, or avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar apple cider, red wine, or white
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon yellow or dijon mustard
- First, make your mayo: Place the egg, vinegar, salt, and mustard in the mixing container. Next, pour in the ¾ cup of olive oil.
- Place your immersion blender down to the bottom of the container and blend on high for about 20 seconds.
- Slowly lift the immersion blender and tilt the container to the side so that all olive oil can blend with the rest of the ingredients. Blend until smooth and has a mayo consistency, about 30 seconds.
- Combine all of your dressing ingredients in a separate container until thoroughly combined.