Lamb meat is a good option for burger meat. However, if you want to amp up this more, try making feta lamburgers that ooze cheesy goodness. It’s easy to make and guarantees to tastes just as good as any other burger.
You can make use of any part of the lamb for the meat. The toppings are also optional–you can add whatever you fancy as garnishing. So enjoy these feta lamburgers with spinach slaw.
- 3 tablespoons of quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 pound of ground lamb
- 1/4 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Sliced tomatoes
- Sliced olives
- 1-1/2 cups fresh spinach, leaves and stems removed, chopped
- 4 burger buns, split and lightly toasted
- In a bowl, combine oats, egg white, pepper and salt. Add lamb; mix well. Form into eight 1/4-inch patties.
- In a small bowl, toss together the feta cheese and green onion—place one-fourth of the cheese mixture on each of the four patties. Do this for the remaining four patties and seal edges to hold filling inside.
- In a bowl, combine vinegar, mustard and sugar; mix well. Pour over chopped spinach; toss to mix. Set aside.
- Grill burger over medium-hot coals for 5 to 6 minutes per side until no longer pink inside. Place each cooked burger on a bun; top with spinach mixture, another spread of feta cheese, olives, tomatoes, and the second half of the bun.