Chipotle falafel is one of my favourite go-to recipes, and it’s baked over deep-fried. Once you realize how easy it is to prepare, you will be astonished at how much falafel you can make with one can of garbanzo beans. Add two cans and double the rest of the ingredients to give 28 falafel balls enough for snacks and sandwiches for the week.
Chipotle Falafel in Pita Pocket
Who doesn't love falafel? I recently made a Chipotle Falafel in Pita Pocket recipe that you can make in mere minutes. Read more to enjoy this tasty snack.
- 1 can chickpeas 15-ounce can, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons panko bread crumbs
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 4 tablespoons butter unsalted
- 3 medium chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 medium tomato
- ½ cup onion minced
- 8 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ medium lemon juiced
- 1 pack Pita bread
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine the panko breadcrumbs, 3 cloves of garlic, onion, chickpeas, cumin, coriander, cilantro, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a food processor. Until texture is grainy.
- Roll falafel mix into 14 balls and brush with 1 tablespoon of olive oil on a baking sheet.
- Bake the falafel for 35 minutes, turning them over once.
- In a food processor, add 3 garlic cloves, 3 chipotle peppers, 1 tablespoon of lime juice and make a puree or chunky if desired.
- Add 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter in a saute pan and add chipotle mixture on medium heat, and mix the sauce together for about 5 minutes set aside in a bowl.
- Add 2 cloves of garlic, 1 deseeded peeled cucumber, juice of 1/2 of a lemon, cilantro leaves and 8 ounces of sour cream in a food processor blend. Add salt and pepper.
- Chill tzatziki sauce in the fridge.
- Put pita bread in the oven to get it nice and toasty for 2-3 minutes.
- Toss falafel in chipotle sauce, place in a pita pocket with a slice of tomato and drizzle the tzatziki sauce over it.
Calories: 106kcalCarbohydrates: 5gProtein: 1gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0.1gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 127mgPotassium: 94mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 309IUVitamin C: 5mgCalcium: 32mgIron: 1mg
Have you tried this recipe?Let us know what you think!