As I sat in my home office yesterday, I had an overwhelming urge for a Five Guys burger, then a sense of guilt kicked in. Why buy a burger when I could make my own that will taste just as good, if not better. So, I give you my sous vide big burger, which yields two servings.
Sous Vide Big Burger
I was craving for a big burger and I though of making a homemade one using a very unusual cooking method for burgers. Here's the recipe for the Sous Vide Big Burger I made.
- 1 teaspoon oregano freshly chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper freshly cracked
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ small shallot minced
- 1 ¼ pounds ground sirloin
- Mix your oregano, shallot, salt, pepper, turmeric and sirloin.
- Create two evenly sized patties, wrap in plastic wrap, place in a freezer bag, and you guessed it (if you’ve been following my recent cooking method) cook with the sous vide method. I wanted the burgers to be medium rare when they came out, so I cooked them at 135°F for an hour.
- Assemble your burgers and add a choice of toppings and sauces.
Calories: 623kcalCarbohydrates: 3gProtein: 53gFat: 43gSaturated Fat: 17gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 3gCholesterol: 193mgSodium: 770mgPotassium: 908mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 23IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 67mgIron: 7mg
Have you tried this recipe?Let us know what you think!