You probably love meals like elk steak and other pure elk delicacies if you are an elk fan. Unfortunately, not all meat-eaters have been turned on to venison, so it may be tough to get them started. However, if you want to get people to try something new for the first time, give these elk burgers a try.
Whatever you do, always try to think outside the box and mix the elk with something fun and familiar for beef eaters. So, grab your grilling gear. Pull out your cooking knives. Get ready for some good mouthwatering food.
Spicy Elk Burger
- 1 ½ pounds ground lean elk meat
- ¼ medium yellow onion minced
- 2 medium chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, canned, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 medium burger buns
- 4 slices cheese sliced tomatoes, leaf lettuce (optional)
- Place fresh ground elk meat in a large mixing bowl. If it is in a block, break it up into smaller chunks
- Add onion, chipotle peppers, garlic, salt, and ketchup. Mix thoroughly by hand.
- Gently press burgers into four patties. Do not press too hard!
- Brush olive oil onto burgers, place on the grill
- Cook to taste.
- Add cheese on top and place on a bun. Add lettuce and tomatoes if desired.