If you’re looking for a savoury appetizer, I have a tasty one for you. My Guilt-free blue cheeseburgers will satisfy those taste buds as a full-fledged burger or replicated into miniature sliders as an appetizer or potluck. They’ll hit the spot when you want the full flavour without the guilt. With the extra lean meat, we are packing tons of spinach in these burger patties. A tasty way to add more greens, I’d say.
Spinach is loaded with Vitamin A, K, D, & E. It’s also a good source of magnesium, riboflavin, and potassium. Spinach also serves as a great source of Omega 3 fatty acids. Researchers have also identified more than a dozen different flavonoid compounds in spinach that act as anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer agents.
With enough amount of greens, you’ll undoubtedly enjoy these guilt-free blue cheeseburgers.
Guilt-Free Blue Cheeseburgers
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ medium onion diced
- 1 pound ground beef extra lean
- 2 medium eggs lightly beaten
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning
- 1 box frozen spinach 10-ounce box, thawed and squeezed of excess water
- 5 dollops Blue cheese mousse 1 dollop each burger
- 5 slice parmesan cheese
- 5 medium burger buns
- Preheat skillet to medium heat. Sauté the onion and garlic in a sliver of butter (not even a tablespoon) for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add ground beef, eggs, bread crumbs, grill seasoning, and spinach in a large bowl.
- When the garlic and onion mixture is translucent, wait a few minutes to take some of the heat off before adding to the bowl.
- Mix until combined but do not over mix. Prepare 5 equal patties and grill in the same skillet over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes per side, depending on how you like your burger.
- Assemble your buns and add veggies, a slice of cheese, and a portion of the blue cheese mouse.