Turkey burgers are great for building muscle as turkey contains lots of protein and is low on calories. This is a turkey burger recipe with a bit of spice added as I find turkey can be pretty bland on its own. Check out the full recipe for this muscle-building turkey burger below.
- 500 grams of minced lean turkey
- 55 grams of chopped red onion
- 1 diced Jalapeno pepper
- 30ml of soy sauce
- 4 grams of black pepper
- 8 grams of garlic powder
- 10 grams of Paprika
- 3 grams of cumin
- 5 grams of mustard powder
- 10 grams of finely chopped coriander
- 4 low-fat cheese slices
- 4 tomato slices
- 4 large lettuce leaves
- 4 wholemeal burger buns
- Preheat the grill to medium/high heat.
- Put the turkey, onion, jalapeno, soy sauce, pepper, garlic, paprika, cumin, mustard and coriander into a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Mould the mixture into 4 burger patties
- Cook the burgers on the grill for 6 to 7 minutes on each side, or until cooked right through
- Put the burgers in the bun along with the cheese slice, tomato and lettuce. Enjoy!
This turkey burger is an excellent source of protein, with nearly 30 grams in each burger.