This turkey taco burger recipe is always an easy go-to when taking advantage of the nice weather and grill! My favourite way to serve it is by having it over a bed of mixed greens with black beans and Bolthouse Farms Salsa Ranch dressing.
I also like to use the Mrs Dash Taco Seasoning Mix to keep the sodium down in this turkey taco burger. A regular taco seasoning packet can have up to 1800 milligrams of sodium, and the reduced sodium will still have 1320 milligrams of sodium. The American Heart Association recommends consuming less than 2300 milligrams per day, even less if you have a medical condition requiring so. What about Mrs Dash products? ZERO milligrams!
- 2 pounds of turkey, 90% lean
- 1 small jalapeno, minced
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 cup of plain bread crumbs or Panko
- Spray grill with nonstick spray. Preheat grill.
- Combine all listed ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Using your hands, form 8 4-inch-sized patties.
- Grill the patties for 5 to 7 minutes on each side until cooked through or internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Serve with 100% whole-wheat buns or over mixed greens with black beans and tomatoes. I like to top mine with Bolthouse Farms Salsa Ranch Dressing.