This grilled mushroom-rosemary burger is a must-try! The sweet smokey caramelized onion and rosemary paired well with the mushroom. The cheddar cheese with truffle oil gave a nice tangy contrast to the sweetness of the sauce.
- Burger Ingredients
- 6 portobello mushrooms
- 1 sweet onion
- Sliced English cheddar with truffles
- 2 cup baby spinach
- 1 tomato sliced
- 3 gluten-free buns (I used Udi’s brand)
- Marinade Ingredients
- 1/4 cup of coconut amino’s
- 2 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of crushed garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon of fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tablespoon of fresh parsley
- Mix ingredients for the marinade. Clean mushrooms, brushing them lightly. Lay in a pan gill side up, pour marinade over the caps, and set aside for 30 minutes.
- If using an electric grill, lay mushrooms on the grill. If not using a grill, once mushrooms are finished marinating, place them in a skillet, and sliced onions to the centre of the pan. Cook until mushrooms are soft, turn once and put a weighted pan to get grill marks.
- Once mushrooms are fully cooked, add sauce to buns, layer the mushrooms, caramelized onions, spinach, and tomato, and serve.