Recently I’ve designated one night a week as bean burger night. I always follow the same template but vary the type of beans, vegetables and flavourings for endless combinations. So far, I’ve come up with great combinations. Today, I’ll share one of the most delicious, yum Mexican veggie burgers you’ll surely like. I get around four burgers, roughly 120 grams each, from the quantities below and serve them with a huge green salad.
These yum Mexican veggie burgers are packed with fresh veggies that will make complement your diet if you like to be healthy. Check out the easy recipe here.
Yum Mexican Veggie Burgers
- 400 grams beans drained
- 40 g oats ground into flour
- 200 grams onion
- 2 tablespoons nuts
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon vegetable broth
- Blitz in a food processor, adding liquid as needed. The texture should not be too runny.
- Form into burgers on a nonstick pan lined with unbleached baking paper/silicon mat.
- Refrigerate to firm up at least a couple of hours or longer if it’s more convenient.
- Bake (depends on your oven, mine takes about 20 minutes each side at lowish temp). If they lose shape when you flip them over, just squish them back into a burger shape and use less liquid next time.