There’s something about Greek yogurt that makes it so good with burgers. With that in mind, I created this tzatziki sauce to complement any homemade burger that I crave during lazy days. Here is a simple recipe you can try at home.
- 1 cup of full-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 medium English cucumber, grated
- 1/4 cup of fresh dill, coarsely chopped
- 4 – 5 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/8 cup of red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of white pepper
- Salt to taste
- Grate cucumber with the skin on. Squeeze all the liquid out of the grated cucumber.
- Combine yogurt, cucumber, dill, garlic, vinegar, olive oil, and white pepper in a medium bowl. Mix together with a whisk until smooth.
- Add salt to taste, then chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour. Allow the flavours to combine.
- This will keep for up to a week in the refrigerator.