I made this juicy fennel apple turkey burger last night for dinner, and they were so yummy. I’m such a sucker for cheeseburgers but don’t necessarily like the stomach ache that sometimes comes with them. So these were the perfect dinner to take care of the craving.
These turkey burgers are really nice and flavourful. The combination of the flavours is so unexpectedly good. It’s something that I know I will keep on craving when I think of burgers in the middle of the night. So check out the very easy recipe for fennel apple turkey burger below and get ready to get addicted to these.
Juicy Fennel Apple Turkey Burger Recipe
Turkey burgers are know to be dry, but I'd like to challenge that with this recipe. This fennel apple turkey burger is a must-try if you like juicy burgers.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 medium granny smith apple diced
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon basil
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- The most challenging put of this recipe is chopping up the garlic and apple. While chopping, preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once you’re done cutting, combine and mix all the ingredients. I add the bread crumbs last because it seems easiest to mix that way. I chose gluten-free bread crumbs, but any will work.
- Once all the ingredients are mixed, form the turkey into 4 patties. I like to form 4 balls so I know they’re even and flatten them into patties.
- With a bit of olive oil over medium heat, brown each side of the patty. Each side takes about 4 to 5 minutes. To finish them, place them on a greased cookie sheet and bake for 10 more minutes, flipping halfway through.
- In the last few minutes of baking, melt a few blue cheese crumbles and a half slice of American cheese over the top if you wish.
- These burgers were mouth-watering even without a bun. We had them with some asparagus with pesto and sweet potato on the side.
Calories: 218kcalCarbohydrates: 13gProtein: 30gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0.02gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 255mgPotassium: 430mgFiber: 2gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 110IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 97mgIron: 2mg
Did you give this recipe a whirl?We’re all ears to hear about your results!