When my family all get together, we also talk a lot about beef, favourite recipes, and how to cook this Kobe steak versus that Kobe steak. Of course, we always look at the cattle to see how they are faring. It’s busy on top of busy! We’re all so busy; even the kids say they don’t want to sleep because they would miss out on some playtime with the cousins! Nd that all resulted in discovering this Irresistible Kobe Beef Jalapeno Popper Bacon Bleu Burgers
As it would happen, everyone is on the lookout for recipes we can use and modify to enhance any of our Kobe beef cuts. So my mother found this Irresistible Kobe Beef Jalapeno Popper Bacon Bleu Burgers recipe for me. We all like hot and spice burgers from time to time, so she thought we could get some mileage out of this one!
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 can of diced jalapeno peppers, drained and divided
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- 2 pounds of Kobe ground beef
- 4 ounces of reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup of shredded Monterey Jack Cheese or Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1/2 cup of bleu cheese crumbles
- 3/4 cup of bacon crumbles
- 1 tablespoon of steak seasoning
- Lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the avocado, tomato, onion, 1/4 cup of the jalapenos, and lime juice – then set aside.
- Shape the Kobe ground beef into thin patties. In another bowl, combine the cheeses and remaining jalapenos and bacon. Spoon onto the centre of the Kobe beef patties. Top with remaining patties and press edges firmly to seal. Sprinkle burgers with the steak seasoning.
- Grill the burgers over medium heat for 6 to 7 minutes on the side or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees Celsius. Serve on the buns with lettuce, avocado mixture, extra cheese and enjoy.