My friend Gloria has done it again! I was over at her house, and she was making Asian Burgers for lunch. I always insist that I take my own food with me because Gloria is not gluten-free. However, everybody raved about the burgers, so I got the recipe to go and tried making them at home.
Handsome Hubby is not a huge chicken eater unless it’s in chicken and dumplings, fried chicken or maybe buffalo chicken wings. So I am always trying to find new ways to get him to eat chicken. I was floored when he told me that this is a keeper and we need to put it in our rotation. I had to share this recipe with you with an endorsement like that!
Scrumptious Asian Chicken Burgers Recipe
- 1 pound ground chicken
- ¼ cup carrot shredded
- ¼ cup red onion shredded
- ¼ cup panko bread crumbs gluten-free
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce gluten-free
- 1 teaspoon ginger grated
- 3 teaspoons liquid aminos seasoning
- 4 slices cheese
- 1 pound cabbage shredded
- ¼ medium red onion finely sliced
- 1 medium carrot shredded
- 2 tablespoons liquid aminos seasoning
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 4 medium burger buns
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Mix the ground chicken, carrot, shredded red onion, bread crumbs, hoisin sauce, ginger, 3 teaspoons of liquid Aminos.
- Mix into ground chicken thoroughly. Divide meat into fourths. Grab a fourth, shape it into a ball, and then flatten it into a patty. Lay on a prepared cookie sheet. Bake until internal temperature reaches 180 degrees Celsius on the digital thermometer; it takes about 20 to 23 minutes, depending on your oven.
- While the patties are baking, In a medium bowl, take most of the cabbage and toss it with the sliced onion and shredded carrot.
- In a small bowl, combine the 2 tablespoons of liquid Alaminos, rice wine vinegar, and sugar. Stir vigorously. Let the mixture wait for a few minutes so that the sugar can dissolve. When the burgers are almost done, slowly pour the oil into the dressing mixture while whisking vigorously!
- Add salt and pepper to taste. After pulling the chicken patties out of the oven, dress the cabbage mix with the dressing. I like mine heavily dressed, so how much you use is up to you. Load patties onto buns, add cheese, and top with cabbage mix. Enjoy!