Be prepared to fall in love. I’ve made these beetroot and chickpea burgers for seven of my friends now, and all of them loved them. If you’re vegan – you can have these without the goat’s cheese and add 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast into your burger mix.
I love using beetroot in my recipes; not only does it make them so beautiful and super tasty, but beetroot is also low in fat, full of vitamins and minerals and packed with powerful antioxidants – a health-food titan. Try these hearty burgers you’ll love if you are into veggie burgers.
Easy and Healthy Beetroot and Chickpea Burgers
If you're looking for a healthy burger, this recipe for beetroot and chickpea burgers might be your next go-to. The texture is so unique and it's packed with unique flavours you can't resist.
- 220 grams beetroot peeled and grated
- 400 grams chickpeas drained
- ½ medium red onion finely diced
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons parsley chopped
- 90 grams goat’s cheese
- 3 tablespoons almonds ground
- Place your chickpeas in a big dry bowl and mash slightly (not too much, you still want some chunky bits in there)
- Fry the diced onions until soft, then add the crushed garlic and grated beetroot. Cook for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the beetroot mixture into the bowl with the chickpeas, add apple cider vinegar, chopped parsley and ground almonds and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 6 and portion them into burgers. If you’re finding it difficult to form the burgers, add a bit more ground almonds.
- Place the burgers in the refrigerator to set for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Bake the burgers for 25 minutes in the oven, then add your slice of goat’s cheese on top and put it back in the oven for another minute.
Calories: 199kcalCarbohydrates: 24gProtein: 11gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0.002gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 90mgPotassium: 381mgFiber: 7gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 354IUVitamin C: 6mgCalcium: 79mgIron: 3mg
Have you tried this recipe?Let us know what you think!