This grilled chicken burger is one of my favourite meals. It’s a dish that satisfies your fast food craving without actually being unhealthy; you simply grill the chicken, and you’re almost good to go.
The spread is an excellent twist on cranberry sauce, the spice enhances the flavour of the cranberries, and I swear you will find yourself craving this burger after trying it, put sliced avocado on top to finish it off! Enjoy!
Grilled Chicken Burger with Cranberry and Jalapeno Sauce
This Grilled Chicken Burger with Cranberry and Jalapeno Sauce is the perfect homemade burger to have when you want chicken for a change.
- 2 medium chicken breasts
- 2 medium buns gluten-free
- 2 tablespoons cranberry jalapeno jelly
- 1 medium avocado
- ½ medium red pepper
- ½ medium onion
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Season the chicken breasts and grill for about 10 to 15 minutes per side if using an outdoor grill); add the sliced onion and pepper when you have about 7 minutes to go.
- Toast the gluten-free bun, on one-half spread over some dairy-free butter and a teaspoon of the cranberry jalapeno sauce, then top with the chicken and the rest of the sauce.
- Place some spinach leaves, sliced avocado (season them first with lemon juice, salt and pepper), and the grilled onion and pepper.
Calories: 553kcalCarbohydrates: 49gProtein: 34gFat: 27gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 5gMonounsaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0.1gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 267mgPotassium: 839mgFiber: 9gSugar: 19gVitamin A: 1309IUVitamin C: 52mgCalcium: 183mgIron: 3mg
Did you give this recipe a whirl?We’re all ears to hear about your results!