This grilled chicken burger is one of my favourite meals. It’s a dish that satisfies your fast food craving without actually being unhealthy; you simply grill the chicken, and you’re almost good to go.
The spread is an excellent twist on cranberry sauce, the spice enhances the flavour of the cranberries, and I swear you will find yourself craving this burger after trying it, put sliced avocado on top to finish it off! Enjoy!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 gluten-free buns
- 2 tablespoons of cranberry jalapeno jelly
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 onion
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Season the chicken breasts and grill for about 10 to 15 minutes per side if using an outdoor grill); add the sliced onion and pepper when you have about 7 minutes to go.
- Toast the gluten-free bun, on one-half spread over some dairy-free butter and a teaspoon of the cranberry jalapeno sauce, then top with the chicken and the rest of the sauce.
- Place some spinach leaves, sliced avocado (season them first with lemon juice, salt and pepper), and the grilled onion and pepper.