This Masala vegetable burger is an Indian take to the meaty burgers we usually have. This burger is delicious and healthy. It’s perfect for those who want to monitor their calorie intake but still want to enjoy the goodness of burgers.
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 potato
- 1 carrot
- 1 small onion
- 2 tablespoons of peas
- 1 tablespoon of sweet corn kernels
- 5-6 tablespoons of semolina(Rawa)
- 1/2 teaspoon of garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- Finely chop onion, peel, and chop carrots into pieces. Microwave/steam the carrots for about 5 minutes until soft. If using green peas and corn, add them to the carrots before steaming.
- Wash and boil potato and sweet potato for about 15 minutes until cooked. Allow cooling. Peel and keep separate.
- Now mash together potato, sweet potato, carrots, green peas and corn. Add in 3 tablespoons of semolina/Rava and mix well.
- Add in garam masala, chilli powder, turmeric & salt to taste. Mix well.
- Add in finely chopped onions.
- Take 2 tablespoons of semolina on a plate.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan. Keep the heat on low to medium.
- Make round balls of the mashed veggies. Roll it in the semolina. Place them in the frying pan and flatten to form the patty.
- Repeat until the pan is filled, but leave some gap between the parties so that you can turn them on the other side quickly.
- Leave on heat for about 10 to 15 minutes (low heat) and then flip on the other side. Let it cook for another 10 minutes. Patties should be brown or dark brown on either side. Add more oil to the pan if needed.
- Serve with Ketchup/Raita as a side dish. Or you can serve it as a veggie sandwich with 2 slices of bread ( one buttered & other with cheese) and patty in the middle. If you have a grill, lightly grill for a couple of mins before serving the sandwich.