As you can see, these Jalapeño Popper Chicken Burgers are oozing with flavour from top to bottom. I loved how the cream cheese lent a fluffy texture to the patties while the cheddar cheese mellowed out the jalapeño heat.
The toppings complemented the chicken burger expertly, with the fried onions lending a needed element of crunch. My spicy sauce was the ideal dressing, creating a creamy, smokey finish. And last but not least, the buttery cornbread brought all the ingredients together in utterly delicious harmony.
Light, lean, and packed with protein, you can’t go wrong with Jalapeño Popper Chicken Burgers. The perfect Summer burger, this baby looks good, tastes divine, and it’s healthy. Now that’s something worthy of a royal announcement!
- Burger Ingredients
- 1 pound of extra lean ground chicken
- ¼ cup of diced jalapeños
- ⅓ cup of fat-free shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons of fat-free cream cheese
- 1½ teaspoons of crushed or minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of cilantro
- ½ teaspoon of onion powder
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt and coarse black peppercorn
- Cornbread to serve
- PAM Cooking Spray to grease
- Topping Ingredients
- 4 slices of Colby Jack cheese
- Sliced jalapeños
- Fried onions
- Spicy Sauce Ingredients
- ¾ cup of reduced fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons of hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon of lime juice
- ½ teaspoon of chilli powder
- Bake cornbread as directed, then allow to cool. When ready, cut into medallions before setting them aside.
- Mix sour cream, hot sauce, lime juice, and chilli powder in a small bowl, stirring until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine ground chicken, jalapeños, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, garlic, cilantro, onion powder, and salt and pepper, using your hands to mix ingredients thoroughly. Next, form four equally shaped patties, packing them together as tightly as possible.
- Heat grill to medium-high, then generously grease. Cook patties for 4 minutes on either side. Once cooked through, top with cheese and allow to melt before removing from heat. Plate and serve over cornbread and top with jalapeños, fried onions, and spicy sauce.