Healthy Gluten-Free Asian Chicken Burgers Recipe. My friend Gloria has done it again!! I was over at her house, and she was making burgers for lunch. Now, I always insist that I take my own food with me because Gloria is not gluten-free. However, everybody raved about the burgers, so I got the recipe to go and tried making them at home. My cousin is not a huge chicken burger eater, that is, unless it’s in chicken and dumplings, fried chicken or maybe buffalo chicken wings.
I am always trying to find new ways to get him to eat chicken. Well, when he told me that this Asian Chicken Burgers recipe is a keeper and we need to put it in our rotation, I was floored. With an endorsement like that, I had to share this recipe with you!
Healthy Gluten-Free Asian Chicken Burgers Recipe
- 1 pound ground chicken
- ¼ cup shredded carrot about one small carrot
- ¼ cup shredded red onion
- ¼ cup gluten-free panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon ginger grated and peeled
- 3 teaspoons Bragg Liquid Aminos All Purpose Seasoning or gluten-free soy sauce if you prefer
- 1 bag Fresh Express Angel Hair Coleslaw Finely Shredded Green Cabbage
- ¼ medium red onion finely sliced
- 1 medium carrot shredded
- 2 tablespoons Bragg Liquid Aminos All Purpose Seasoning or gluten-free soy sauce if you prefer
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 pinch salt to taste
- 1 pinch pepper to taste
- 4 medium gluten-free hamburger buns
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. Mix the ground chicken with the ¼ cup shredded carrot, ¼ cup shredded red onion, ¼ cup gluten-free panko bread crumbs, 1 tablespoon gluten-free hoisin sauce, 1 teaspoon grated, peeled ginger, 3 teaspoons Bragg Liquid Aminos All Purpose Seasoning (or gluten-free soy sauce if you prefer). Mix into ground chicken thoroughly. Dived meat into fourths. Grab a fourth and shape it into a ball and then flatten it into patties. Lay on a prepared cookie sheet. Bake until the internal temperature reaches 180°F on a digital thermometer. It takes about 20 to 23 minutes, depending on your oven.
- While patties are baking, in a medium bowl, take most of the bag of Fresh Express Angel Hair Coleslaw Finely Shredded Green Cabbage and toss it with the ¼ red onion finely sliced and 1 medium carrot shredded. In a small bowl, combine the 2 tablespoons Bragg Liquid Aminos All Purpose Seasoning (or gluten-free soy sauce if you prefer) along with the 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar and 1 tablespoon sugar. Stir vigorously. Let the mixture wait for a few minutes so that the sugar can dissolve. When the burgers are almost done, slowly pour the ¼ cup of vegetable oil into the dressing mixture while whisking vigorously!!! Add salt and pepper to taste. After you pull the chicken patties out of the overdress, mix the cabbage with the dressing. I like mine heavily dressed, so how much you use is up to you. Load patties onto buns and top with cabbage mixture. Enjoy!!