I was inspired to make these Thai chicken burgers by trying to come up with an at-home spin on one of my favourite Thai dishes, chicken satay. I used white meat chicken, and the burgers stayed very moist with the satay sauce mixed in but if you prefer the flavour of dark meat, go for it.
Pre-ground chicken can be a little challenging, but most stores with a butcher counter will grind chicken by request. If all else fails, these Thai chicken burgers are delicious with turkey as well. This can be served with more peanut sauce, or a fresh salad as a side dish.
Nutty Thai Chicken Burgers With Peanut Butter Recipe
These Thai chicken burgers are smeared with peanut butter. This is a very satisfying meal to have when craving something salty and savoury.
- ½ cup peanut butter unsalted
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce low-sodium
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger grated
- 1 ⅓ pound ground chicken
- 1 medium carrot
- ½ medium cucumber
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 4 medium hamburger buns
- Preheat your grill to medium heat.
- Whisk peanut butter, hot sauce, soy sauce and ginger together. Remove ⅓ of the mixture and set aside. Gently fold ground chicken into the remaining ⅔ of the peanut sauce.
- Form chicken mixture into 4 burger patties and grill until cooked through thoroughly, about 6 to 7 minutes per side.
- While the burgers are cooking, use a vegetable peeler to make long, thin strips out of the carrot and cucumber. Place in a small mixing bowl and add minced cilantro, lime juice and salt, then mix to combine.
- Once the burgers are cooked, set them on a plate to rest for 5 minutes. Assemble burgers by spreading peanut sauce on one side of each bun, adding a chicken patty, and topping each one with the carrot and cucumber salad.
Calories: 545kcalCarbohydrates: 32gProtein: 39gFat: 31gSaturated Fat: 7gPolyunsaturated Fat: 7gMonounsaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0.1gCholesterol: 130mgSodium: 1200mgPotassium: 1141mgFiber: 3gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 2584IUVitamin C: 8mgCalcium: 98mgIron: 4mg
Did you give this recipe a whirl?We’re all ears to hear about your results!