I tend to get home from work late, like really late. And as the week edges toward Friday, all of the food I cooked on the weekend is pretty much cleaned out, and we need healthy sustenance. So I’m always looking for something quick and straightforward for weeknight dinners. So last night, I decided to improvise with whatever we had in our fridge/pantries with these grilled chicken burgers. Let me tell you, albeit the improvisation, it was divine!
I love that I got to add all of the ingredients in my fridge and ended up with this scrumptious meal. I know it’s a lot, but you can omit those you don’t have at home. Enjoy!
Scrumptious Grilled Chicken Burgers Recipe
Chicken Patties Ingredients
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 large onion diced
- ½ large tomato diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons mustard
Sweet Potato Fries Ingredients
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
Carmelized Onions and Mushrooms Ingredients
- 1 large onion cut into strips
- 12 ounces button mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon garlic olive oil extra virgin
Chicken Patties Instructions
- Add chopped parsley, diced onion, diced tomato, mustard, and seasoning to the ground chicken and mix to combine
- Preheat grill (We used a foreman grill; chicken setting)
- Spray a baking tray with cooking spray
- Form mix into 1/2-inch patties (so that the patties are well-done and crust without burning)
- Place uncooked patties on a baking tray while grilling
- While grilling, flip the patties halfway through for the best results
Sweet Potato Fries Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut potato using a potato waffle cutter.
- Add extra virgin. olive oil, salt, and pepper to potatoes and mix thoroughly
- Cover a baking tray with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray
- Add potatoes and bake for 20 minutes (or until crispy).
- Feel free to add additional salt if it suits your taste buds.
Caramelized Onions and Mushrooms Instructions
- Heat the pan on medium heat.
- Add 1/2 tbs of extra virgin garlic olive oil to the pan.
- Add onions.
- Once the foam subsides, lower heat and stir until caramelized.
- Remove onions and add 1/2 tablespoon of extra virgin garlic olive oil
- Add mushrooms.
- Stir until caramelized.