This chipotle bacon turkey burger is definitely out of my comfort zone and a little labour intensive, but so delicious. I topped it with a yogurt sauce that would make the perfect addition to many different recipes.
I hope you all have a safe and happy weekend!
Chipotle Bacon Turkey Burger
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup red onion diced
- 1 medium jalapeño seeded and finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup corn kernels fresh or canned
- ½ cup black beans drained and rinsed
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 large lettuce leaves
- 4 slices red onion
- 4 medium burger buns whole wheat
- Line a pan with foil. Place turkey bacon in the pan; bake at 450°F until reaching the desired doneness, flipping every 10 minutes. Once cooked and cool, cut each piece in half.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a skillet. Add onion and sauté for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add jalapeño, garlic, cumin and salt; sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Add corn and sauté for another 3 minutes.
- Add black beans and mix well. Cook just until beans become hot, approximately 3 minutes. Remove the skillet and let it cool.
- Once cool, combine mixture with ground turkey in a large bowl. Form into 4 patties.
- Grill until reaching the desired doneness.
- Layer turkey bacon (two halves per burger), patty, lettuce, onion, and any sauce on the buns.