Growing up, my mother used to fry hamburger patties for a quick weeknight meal and serve them with canned peaches and cottage cheese. I always enjoyed it. My goal was to do the hamburger patties but create a little twist by spicing it up, and because we love mushrooms, make a cremini mushroom sauce to go over it.
The canned peaches were always a little sweet for my taste buds, so we had broccoli and cauliflower. A quick, easy weeknight meal that will make you smile. Enjoy!
Hamburger Patties With Cremini Mushroom Red Wine Reduction
Want to spice up your regular hamburger patties? Here's a special sauce you can make that's made with cremini mushroom and red wine.
- 1 pound ground beef organic, 15% fat
- 3 tablespoons garlic croutons crushed finely
- 2 tablespoons chives fresh, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion minced
- 1 medium egg beaten with 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 pinch salt to taste
- 1 pinch pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups mushrooms cremini mushrooms sliced
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- ¾ cup beef broth
- ½ cup red wine
- Add beef, croutons, chives, red onion, beaten egg with water, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly with your hands and form 2 patties, about 1.5-inch thick.
- In a large non-stick pan, add your vegetable oil over medium heat. Cook hamburgers on each side for 3 to 4 minutes.
- To keep the juices in, do not move or flatten patties. Set aside on a plate and cover with foil while you prepare your mushroom red wine reduction.
- In the same skillet, add your cremini mushrooms and cook, turning frequently (adding more oil if necessary) until nicely browned. Add the cornstarch to the beef broth and stir thoroughly. Pour over mushrooms, add the red wine and continue stirring until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon over hamburger patties and serve immediately.
Calories: 931kcalCarbohydrates: 30gProtein: 48gFat: 63gSaturated Fat: 21gPolyunsaturated Fat: 10gMonounsaturated Fat: 25gTrans Fat: 3gCholesterol: 243mgSodium: 710mgPotassium: 1091mgFiber: 3gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 251IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 114mgIron: 14mg
Did you give this recipe a whirl?We’re all ears to hear about your results!