Turkey meat is such a versatile ingredient that you can use as an alternative for any meat dish. This time, I used it to make turkey patties that I love. Then, to spice up things a little more, I added tomato puree for a side dip.
Go on, try this turkey patties recipe at home. Your loved ones will surely love them at first bite!
- 400 grams of ground turkey
- 1 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 400 grams of tomato puree
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of hemp seeds (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of frying oil of choice (avocado, coconut etc.)
- Italian parsley
- Chilli flakes
- 2 ounces of water
- Chop onion into small pieces.
- Mince the garlic.
- Combine the ground turkey meat with onion, garlic, egg, hemp seeds, a teaspoon of chilli flakes, salt and pepper into one bowl.
- Mix well.
- Leave in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Remove from fridge and make into patties.
- Heat some oil over medium heat in a frying pan.
- Once the oil is hot, place the patties and cook for 4 minutes on each side.
- Turn to low temperature and add the tomato puree (optional).
- Cook another 3 minutes.
- Top with fresh Italian parsley.