It is a claim I have made for many years, but ultimately the world’s best hamburger recipe is down to your personal tastes in your beef burger. That said, in my humble opinion, this is the simplest but, without a shadow of a doubt, the best hamburger recipe in the world!
To achieve perfection in this World’s Best Hamburger Recipe, you will require some ground/minced beef of extraordinary proportions, this being 1 to 1 ½ pounds of minced chuck steak. This was easy for me being a master of meat, of course, but you will need to ask your local butcher nicely, and I am sure he will be only too happy to oblige.
The reason we are looking for ground mince using only the chuck meat is due to the fat content. The ultimate hamburger requires around a 20% fat content to flavor the meat whilst cooking, and the beef fat marbled within the chuck meat is perfect for this.
Best Hamburger Recipe Tips
You will need to be careful when handling the mince and mixing. Use your hands but do not over-mix the ground beef. For perfection purposes, the heat of your hands will start to break down some of the fat content, and we want this to occur once it is cooking.
World’s Best Hamburger Recipe
- 1 ½ pounds ground chuck
- 1 small onion finely chopped (as small as you can)
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon thyme fresh is best but dried will do
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and form patties around half an inch in thickness. You should get around 4 burger patties from this.
- Get your grill ready on medium to high heat and bring it up to temperature. Gently place under the grill for around 4 minutes on one side and 3 minutes on the other, being careful not to disrupt your patties as you turn them. Check after this time with a skewer in the center to ensure they are cooked to your liking. To achieve the best hamburgers in the world, you are now going to have to leave the burgers’ resting’ on a warm plate with some foil covering them for about 3 minutes. This will allow the amazing juices to reabsorb back into the meat.
- Once 3 minutes have passed (it will seem like 3 days!), serve them up with some crisp salad and homemade chips – the world’s best hamburgers are now ready for you to eat!