Juicy And Healthy Hamburger Patty. I enjoy making hamburger patties or meatballs for dinner because they are always a hit in this house! My one-year-old nephew eats pretty much any food, but they prefer hamburger meat to steak or chicken because it’s easier for them to chew. And it’s easier for me to hide vegetables in it!
So, I will share my pork burger recipe for this Juicy And Healthy Hamburger Patty.
First, I made buns (I use the “dough setting” on our bread machine to get the dough ready and then just bake them in the oven) today since I had time to prepare them while the boys napped. But you can use store-bought buns, too, of course!
The buttery dinner roll recipe my friend gave me always makes great-tasting bread! My nephew likes eating these just by themselves! Once you have the buns, let’s make the Juicy And Healthy Hamburger Patty!
Juicy And Healthy Hamburger Patty
- 400 grams ground pork I used pork this time, but you can use lean beef or turkey for an even healthier option
- ½ medium carrot
- ¼ medium onion
- ¼ medium zucchini
- 1 medium egg
- 1 handful cooked rice and oatmeal or bread crumbs
- Grate carrot, onion and zucchini and mix with the ground meat.
- Add an egg to the mix.
- Since it is very liquidy at this point, add some cooked rice and oatmeal until it’s the softness where you can form a patty.
- Once you mix everything together well, you can form patties. For small children, you can make little meatballs, so it’s easy to finger food!
- Push the middle of the patties to make it easier for them to cook through, and fry them in a pan with 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
You can eat it by itself with a sauce or ketchup, or you can make a burger! It’s delicious, and you will feel better knowing it has lots of vegetables in it! (that’s right, sometimes you have to hide veggies from yourself, too) It is a perfect meal for everyone in your family. Thank you so much for reading!
*** I made this without spices so that our babies can eat it, but you can add salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce for extra flavor.