These Fiery Jalapeño Cheddar Burgers are one of my favourite weeknight recipes because they’re quick and easy but so full of flavour – it’s kind of like jalapeño poppers but in burger form.
If you’re into spicy but not “Wow, my mouth is on fire! I love spicy things,” you’ll love this recipe. They have a little kick but won’t leave you wanting to guzzle a gallon of water. Along with minced jalapeño, the recipe calls for an essential taco spice blend to season the ground beef making the burgers even more delicious and full of flavour. Then top these jalapeño cheddar burgers off with melted cheddar cheese, and you have a tasty burger.
Fiery Jalapeño Cheddar Burgers
Taco Seasoning Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 ounces cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 medium jalapeño peppers 1 minced and 1 sliced for garnish
- Make the spice blend: combine the chilli powder, sea salt, garlic powder, cumin, coriander, dried oregano, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl and mix with a fork.
- Place the ground beef in a large bowl and add the spice blend and the minced jalapeño. Using your hands, mix well to combine.
- Form the mixture into 3 equally-sized patties.
- Add the oil to a large frying pan and heat on medium for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the patties to the pan and allow to cook for 4 minutes.
- Flip the patties and add an ounce of cheddar cheese to the top of each one. Cover and cook for 3 more minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with extra jalapeño slices if desired.