You can’t buy this Homemade Healthy Pork Burger from a fast I joked to my kids as I flipped the burgers on my new BBQ.
After getting the Bondi G300 3 Burner Gas BBQ by B&Q, I have taken up the challenge to cook five meals on it. Cooking in this is pretty easy. It didn’t take much time to get used to grilling the burgers, and I see myself cooking my next burgers in this BBQ.
So here is my first recipe: a BBQ Lunch – Home Made Healthy Pork Burgers that you just won’t find in a fastfood joint!
Homemade Healthy Pork Burger Recipe
- 750 grams pork mince
- 1 pack smoked bacon lardons
- 1 handful Mixed Italian herbs
- 1 large egg
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 2 large onions thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 medium burger buns
- Add the mince, bacon, egg, and herbs to a large bowl.
- Mix the ingredients with your hands (wash your hands thoroughly beforehand and afterwards).
- Divide the mixture into as many burgers as you’d like to make
- Take each portion and shape it into a burger with your hands.
- Place the flour on a plate and place the burger in the flour, giving each side a light covering.
- Repeat until all burgers are shaped and covered in flour.
- Place the burgers on a plate, cover and chill until ready to BBQ.
- If necessary, coat the burgers in a little more flour.
- Place the burgers on the grill and BBQ each for 10 minutes at 400 degrees Celsius or until both sides are browned, and the juices from the burger run clear.
- Fry the onions in the butter on the BBQ griddle for a few minutes, often turning to prevent them from burning.
- Serve the burgers in burns with onions and salad (if desired).