Everyone loves the taste of Chicken Cordon Bleu, so why not turn it into a burger? In this chicken cordon bleu burger recipe, we have combined the taste of chicken, ham and Swiss cheese for a delicious and healthy alternative to beef.
This chicken cordon bleu burger is baked rather than grilled or fried, making it a perfect burger choice for the cooler months. Give it a try. Your family will love it.
- 1 pound of extra lean ground chicken
- 1/3 cup of finely diced smoked turkey ham
- 1/3 cup of finely diced Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons of finely minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt (optional)
- White pepper to taste
- 2 eggs (divided, see directions below)
- 1 tablespoon of water
- Flour for dredging
- 1/2 cup of panko bread crumbs or seasoned bread crumbs of your choice
- 4 crusty whole wheat buns, toasted
- 1/2 cup of mayo
- 1 teaspoon of sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon of dry tarragon or 2 sprigs of fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- Lettuce leaves
- Tomato slices
- In a bowl, combine the chicken, turkey ham, Swiss cheese, onion, salt, and white pepper. Then add the egg. Mix with your hands until well blended. Form into 4 even patties.
- Make a breading station with 3 bowls, 1 with flour, 1 with an egg wash made from combining an egg with water and 1 with bread crumbs. Dip patties first in flour, then in egg wash, then in panko crumbs.
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray and place breaded patties on the sheet.
- Bake in 350 degrees Fahrenheit oven until internal cooking temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Meanwhile, combine mayo, paprika, tarragon and Dijon. Spread mayo sauce on buns, place burgers on buns and top with lettuce and tomatoes. Bon appétit!
This burger recipe is perfect for anyone who is more health-conscious. You can eliminate the salt and use sodium-reduced turkey ham and choose a Swiss cheese with only 1% sodium for a heart-healthy burger.