Everyone loves the taste of Chicken Cordon Bleu, so why not turn it into a burger? In this chicken cordon bleu burger recipe, we have combined the taste of chicken, ham and Swiss cheese for a delicious and healthy alternative to beef.
This chicken cordon bleu burger is baked rather than grilled or fried, making it a perfect burger choice for the cooler months. Give it a try. Your family will love it.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Burger
- 1 pound ground chicken extra lean
- ⅓ cup smoked turkey ham finely diced
- ⅓ cup Swiss cheese finely diced
- 2 tablespoons onion finely minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt optional
- 1 pinch white pepper to taste
- 2 medium eggs divided, see directions below
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup flour for dredging
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs or seasoned bread crumbs of your choice
- 4 medium crusty whole wheat buns toasted
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon dry tarragon chopped
- 2 sprigs tarragon fresh
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 medium lettuce leaves
- 1 medium tomato sliced
- In a bowl, combine the chicken, turkey ham, Swiss cheese, onion, salt, and white pepper. Then add the egg. Mix with your hands until well blended. Form into 4 even patties.
- Make a breading station with 3 bowls, 1 with flour, 1 with an egg wash made from combining an egg with water and 1 with bread crumbs. Dip patties first in flour, then in egg wash, then in panko crumbs.
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray and place breaded patties on the sheet.
- Bake in 350°F oven until internal cooking temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Meanwhile, combine mayo, paprika, tarragon and Dijon. Spread mayo sauce on buns, place burgers on buns and top with lettuce and tomatoes. Bon appétit!