Sometimes nothing hits the right spot better than a nice, juicy burger! The good news is that you don’t have to dine out to experience a new and creative burger. This pub-style burger recipe offers a delicious twist that will not only surprise your taste buds but will cost you a fraction of the price of dining out in pubs!
- 2 pounds of ground beef sirloin
- 4 large burger buns or rolls of your choice
- 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup of sour cream
- 1/4 cup of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup of chives, chopped
- 1/4 cup of applesauce, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup of horseradish
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 bunch of watercress
- Salt and pepper
- Sliced tomatoes
- Slice onions
- Mix the applesauce, sour cream, horseradish, breadcrumbs, pepper, and chives. Cover the prepared mixture with a lid or plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, blend together the beef, parsley, and Worcestershire sauce. Add salt and pepper to your taste.
- Shape the beef into four decent-sized patties Coat each one in olive oil and cook in a skillet until it reaches your desired doneness.
- When assembling the burger, add the lettuce, tomatoes, and onions. Then place a bit of watercress and horseradish mixture on top of the patty, then top with bun.