If you are looking for a fairly easy-to-make beef burger recipe that is also yummy, then you may want to try this Delicious Hamburger Mac And Cheese slow cooker recipe that I’ve put my own spin on.
If you don’t eat red meat, then you could replace the hamburger with spinach, which I was told by a reader is still quite good.
I opted to break it apart, so you really know what to expect once it’s on your plate. To warn you, though, this tastes nothing like your typical mac and cheese from a box, especially because of the “secret” ingredient that I added.
The great thing about this Delicious Hamburger Mac And Cheese recipe is that most or all of the ingredients can be purchased on sale and/or with a coupon. I already had all of these ingredients because of prior sales and coupons, including the meat, which was reduced because of the date.
I made this Hamburger Mac And Cheese with elbow macaroni, but if you have a different pasta, then I’m sure that would be great as well. Oh, also, I did use a slow cooker bag, but next time I make this, it will be done without the bag as it sticks to the edge in spots too much for my liking.
If you decide to give this Hamburger Mac And Cheese a try, I would love to know what you think of it.
Delicious Hamburger Mac And Cheese
- 1 pound ground beef cooked
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- ½ pound elbow macaroni cooked and drained
- 4 ⅛ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 8 oz Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 ½ cup evaporated milk
- 1 ¼ cup skim milk
- ¼ cup caramel coffee creamer my personal special ingredient
- 2 medium eggs beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chive and onion cream cheese
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- Combine spices, garlic, skim milk, creamer, ketchup, and eggs.
- Mix the cheese together in a separate dish.
- Add sour cream to the above mixture and use a spoon to separate it some.
- Combine ground beef and elbow macaroni in a slow cooker.
- Combine the milk mixture and canned milk with the beef mixture.
- Add 2 handfuls of cheese (approximately 2 cups) to the slow cooker and stir.
- Sprinkle a tad bit of cheese on top of the mixture.
- Two hours into cooking (on low), stir the mixture. Then add 1-2 cups more cheese, mix again, and sprinkle a tad more on top.
- Another hour into it, stir again. Then add most of the remaining cheese and stir one last time. Then sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Finally, top with a fine layer of bread crumbs and cook for one more hour.