Turkey is such a versatile meat to use in the kitchen. It’s a healthy alternative to beef, yet it doesn’t lack the flavour the latter has. With that in mind, I created a tasty turkey burger recipe that every one of you will surely enjoy.
This simple turkey burger doesn’t require much. Everything you need is basically in your kitchen.
- 2 pounds of ground turkey
- 4 burger buns or rolls of your choice
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 sprigs of thyme, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of capers, chopped)
- Sliced tomatoes
- Sliced cucumbers
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, salt and pepper.
- When the salt and pepper have been well blended into the meat, divide it into 4 even sections.
- Shape each section into a patty.
- Pour the olive oil into a skillet and heat to medium-high heat.
- Cook the burgers for about 7 to 8 minutes on each side.
- While the burgers are frying, mix together the chicken stock, shallot, Dijon, capers, garlic, and thyme in a bowl.
- About 2 or 3 minutes before you finish frying the burgers, pour the chicken stock mixture into the skillet. Turn the patties at least once so they can get a good coating of the mixture.
- Prepare the buns with a choice of greens and add the cooked patties upon serving.