What on earth is a spinach chickpea turkey burger? Well, it’s exactly how it sounds! it has a little bit of spinach, chickpeas, and a part turkey burger. You can view the original recipe here for a completely vegetarian option, which only uses chickpeas, and I recommend using the whole egg, not just the white.
Feel free to experiment with your favourite spices and herbs. This burger has tons of protein and fibre and kept me full for hours!
Hearty Spinach Chickpea Turkey Burger
- 4 ounces ground turkey
- ½ cup chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 large egg white
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash sea salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- Place chickpeas, spinach, egg white, flour, oregano, onion and garlic powder, salt, pepper and olive oil into a food processor. Pulse, stopping once or twice to scrape down the sides.
- Take the chickpea mixture and combine it with ground turkey. Mix well, then form into two patties.
- Heat a skillet on medium flame sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Add one or both patties and cook until golden and beginning to crisp. Cook for about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Carefully flip (to avoid breakage) and cook until golden brown. Cook for another 5 to 8 minutes. Place onto your favourite bun, wrap, pita, salad, etc. Enjoy!