This Sweet Potato Turkey Burger recipe is a must-make! These sweet potato turkey burgers were so moist and full of flavour, I made nine burgers, and less than 12 hours later, there were only two left in my house. So, I am making them again tomorrow night!
Sometimes when you use ground turkey breast, your burgers can turn out like hockey pucks, but by adding the sweet potato into the patty, it locked in the moisture and made these burgers almost melt in your mouth like a “real” juicy burger! I topped my burger with Havarti Cheese, optional, and avocado.
Crispy Sweet Potato Turkey Burger
This sweet potato turkey burger is hearty burger you can try when in need of a low-fat diet. I love making these when I want a crunch when eating a turkey burger.
- 2 pounds ground turkey breast
- 2 medium sweet potatoes cooked
- ½ cup spinach chopped finely
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 medium eggs
- 9 slices Havarti cheese
- 1 medium avocado sliced
- 9 medium burger buns
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9×12 baking pan with coconut oil spray.
- Poke holes into sweet potato skins and place in microwave. Cook potatoes for approximately 4 to 5 minutes until you can poke a knife easily through the potato. Cut skins off the potato and chop the cooked potatoes into chunks.
- Add the cooked potato, raw ground turkey breast, chopped spinach, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and eggs in a large bowl. Use hands to form mixture into 9 patties.
- Place patties into the baking dish and cook for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Optional cheese: add ½ a slice of Havarti cheese on top of each patty, cook until cheese melts.
- Assemble burger and serve.
Calories: 423kcalCarbohydrates: 36gProtein: 37gFat: 15gSaturated Fat: 6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0.3gCholesterol: 80mgSodium: 636mgPotassium: 673mgFiber: 5gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 7563IUVitamin C: 5mgCalcium: 273mgIron: 3mg
Have you tried this recipe?Let us know what you think!