If you have any leftover walleye here is a great recipe it is Walleye fish burger. You may want to cook up some fresh walleye and let it cool down and make these purposely. This how to use up leftover or cooked walleye fillets is simple and delicious. Combine with the homemade tartar sauce and some fresh home fries and you have a delicious meal for lunch, dinner or as a snack. Healthy diets say to have fish 3 or 4 times per week, this recipe will be one of them.
Tasty Walleye Fish Burger
- 1 ½ cups walleye cooked and flaked
- 1 medium egg beaten
- 2 tablespoon water
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 teaspoon onion minced
- ½ teaspoon thyme crushed
- 1 tablespoon canola
- 1 cup crackers Ritz, finely crushed
- 1 handful lettuce
- 1 large tomato sliced
- 1 tablespoon dill pickled
- 4 medium hamburger buns
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix well the egg, water, bread crumbs or mashed potatoes, cheese, onion and thyme.
- Add the walleye flakes and mix into the crumbs.
- Shape the Walleye mixture into 4 patties about 1/2-inch thick.
- Pour the Ritz crackers on a plate, take each patty one at a time and set in crackers, coat both sides.
- Get Skillet and put oil in to coat bottom, get it hot on medium heat, when hot place walleye burgers in.
- Cook each side 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown. Be careful when turning, let them get golden.
- Serve on lettuce and tomato lined buns with tartar sauce.