When I started exploring sauces, this one turned out to be the most intriguing. Usually, I used to buy this sauce from the store but never thought of what goes into making it. Then, my Chinese friend helped me to reveal its ingredients. I was amazed to find out that so simple ingredients can make this barbecue-flavoured awesome hoisin sauce, and it made my mind to prepare it at home.
Usually, I used to buy hoisin sauce from the store but never thought of what goes into making it. This sauce perfect goes with any grilled burgers. And it’s a plus that it’s homemade.
Easy Hoisin Sauce Recipe
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Thai chili sauce
- ¼ teaspoon five-spice powder
- Take a bowl and add all the ingredients.
- Now whisk all the ingredients continuously until you get a brownish glazing colour and thicker consistency.
- When it’s done, store it in an air-tight jar in the refrigerator for up to a month.
- This sauce adds a great subtle flavour to the dishes, which will satisfy the taste. I think it doesn’t make sense to buy hoisin from the store. Rather, make it at your home and store it in the pantry to enjoy happy hours.